Open MayOct 2019
Level 1Lift Lobby
Experience machines have been in popular culture since the 1970s, but philosophers first started thinking about them in Ancient Greece. We asked high school students to think about what pleasure means to them. Can you design a machine that brings you endless pleasure? What would it look like?
The students’ ideas were more varied than we expected. They considered everything from the Earth’s pleasure to anti-gravity technology to caring for our wellbeing. What does a pleasure machine look like to you?
- Charlie Pram Student designer
- Lucinda Speck Student designer
- Audrey Derwent Student designer
- Maddie Beck Student designer
- Dusty Millar Student designer